The painting by Roy Brown is oil on canvas measures 50×60 inches, it is part of the F.A.M American Impressionist collection.
prominent early 20th Century east coast artist, Roy Henry Brown was a landscape painter with studios in New York City in the winters and Wilton, New Hampshire during the summers. He began his career in Chicago as an illustrator for the Chicago Tribune. About 1900, he went to New York where he enrolled in the Art Students League. Among his teachers were Kenyon Cox and George Bridgman. From 1907 to 1914, he lived in France, studying at the Academie Julian with Jean Paul Laurens, Rene Menard, and Jean-Francois Raffaeli.
Brown worked in both oil and watercolor and from 1939 to 1944, was President of the American Watercolor Society and led the merger of that group with the New York Watercolor Club. He was also a full member of the National Academy of Design, which he served as Vice President from 1949 to 1950.
Ruth Pasquine, “Roy Henry Brown”, Painting and Sculpture in the Collection of the National Academy of Design, Volume One, p. 72